This is a very beautiful feast where we recognize and honor our Guardian Angels. St. Bernard, Abbot in 458 spoke very clearly about Angels. He tells us that they will guard you in all of your ways. And he asks us to be devoted and grateful to such great protectors and to let us return that love and honor them as much as we can and should.
I believe that many people go through life feeling lonely, unloved and very much unappreciated. Yet for people who have faith and do believe that a loving God would never leave us alone we have what God has given to us Guardian Angels.
I want to share with you just a few, I want to emphasize the word few Scripture quotes that offers us hope while assuring us that God protects us and guards us each moment of our life.
- The Lord will send his angel to accompany you and to guide you safely on your way.
- Blessed be God who sent his Angels to rescue his faithful servants.
- Praise the Lord, all you heavenly host of angels.
- They are all ministering spirits, sent to care for those on the way to salvation.
- The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, to rescue them.
- God gave his angels charge over you, to protect you and all your ways.
For me this is a very beautiful way of reassuring me and I hope you, that we are never alone that a loving God watches over us in protecting us with his Angels.
Angel of God
My guardian dear
To Whom God’s love
Commits me here
Ever this day
Be at my side
To light and guard
To rule and guide.